Saturday, June 4, 2011

Changing the heater core in a 1997 f150 -4.6L?

I bought a chiltons book but it shows nothing more than the cover that has to come off. the problem is getting to that cover. Do I need to take the whole dash off to get the heater core out. that%26#039;s the only way I can see getting it out.|||yes and the books calls for 7 hours to replace the heater core ,the dash and every thing comes out ,good luck|||if i am not mistaken, i think the dash has to come out to get to it|||I am not familiar with the 97%26#039;s but I have changed the core on older Fords.


Before you take the whole thing apart try taking the glove compartment out. On some of the mid-late 80%26#039;s it was possible to reach the heater core that way.|||I am not familiar with the 97%26#039;s but I have changed the core on older Fords.


Before you take the whole thing apart try taking the glove compartment out. On some of the mid-late 80%26#039;s it was possible to reach the heater core that way.


====================





Yep, you%26#039;re not familiar.





All the important guts are way up behind the dash and enough stuff needs to be undone that the glove box itself coming out won%26#039;t do the trick.





This is not my 94 Ranger we%26#039;re talking about. 15 minutes and done.